Friday, February 18, 2011

CMS/Colloquium knitting

I made some good progress on the socks yesterday. Here they were before CMS yesterday:
This is where I was at the end of colloquium. It's hard to see in this picture, but I started the gusset!
Yesterday's colloquium was the best one I've been to so far! The talk was about which groups can and can't be knot groups for knots of various dimensions, which is in some cases an unsolvable problem. I can't say I understood the whole thing, but I was following the entire time (which is REALLY unusual). The speaker was funny, he told entertaining historical anecdotes, and he gave the talk using adorable handwritten PowerPoint slides. It was a winner!

I have been joined in my CMS (but not colloquium) knitting by my friend Aru. Maybe we'll spread the trend further! Aru is making a lovely scarf for her boyfriend. Here she is knitting in our office in after colloquium:

No comments:

Post a Comment