Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Spinning Wheel!!!!!!!!!!!

My spinning wheel has arrived! I was expecting it yesterday, and I was heartbroken when it didn't get here. But today when I got home it was sitting outside my door! (I really wish the UPS deliveryperson had put it in the apartment office, but that's not what this post is about.)

The wheel arrived in a large box:

It's a Ladybug!

I took it out of the box. There was some assembly required...
Putting it together didn't take very long.

Here's a closeup.
My wheel is a Schacht Ladybug. One of the special things about it is that the people at Schacht put a little ladybug somewhere on each individual wheel. Not unlike the Snuggle Piggy book! It took me a few minutes to find mine:
Here's a larger view: it's behind the flywheel:
I started spinning a bit of some blue roving I've been spindle-spinning. It's so much easier spinning on the wheel than with a spindle! I love it!

Thank you Mom and Daddy!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome Katherine! I am so impressed that you have a spinning wheel now....btw, I would the recipe for that Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding you made. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete