Saturday, November 5, 2011

Alpaca sweater - Mom's project

My mom is visiting us this weekend, so in her honor I am posting one of her projects (that happens to be in my possession). My Mom knitted this sweater for my dad at least 20 years ago. It is a lovely soft and drapey alpaca (if a little itchy), and it is very warm and cosy. It has probably been about ten years since my dad last fitted into the sweater, so I've taken possession of it. When I was in college, my roommate Lisa also had a sweater that her mother had knitted for her father, so we wore our hand-me-down sweaters around the dorm in the cold winter.

My mom says that she was very allergic to the yarn while she was knitting it - she had to take antihistamines whenever she worked on it. It's really not my colors (definitely my dad's colors) but I really like the stripes and cables, and how the cables go over the stripes.

No comments:

Post a Comment