Friday, November 4, 2011

CMS/Colloquium knitting

I finished one side of the outside of the tea cosy in CMS and Colloquium yesterday. It wasn't much fun - both talks went completely over my head (I wasn't even following the first five minutes) and the waffle stitch pattern you see in the picture is pretty fiddly. I guess I've been spoiled by knitting so many socks and things that are nice lace, ribs, and nice knit/purl textures. This involved knitting into the stitch in the previous row, dropping one of the loops, and then picking it up again on the following row. Not so much fun. I chose the pattern because of its name - waffles are my favorite breakfast food, and I want the tea cosy to be breakfast-themed. My stitch dictionary, Super Stitches Knitting, doesn't really have any other breakfast-relevant patterns, so for the other side I picked one that looked pretty nice - clam stitch. I got through about two rows of the pattern by the end of colloquium, but it is even more fiddly than the waffle pattern, so I think I'm going to rip it out and pick a different pattern. Maybe one with leaves, to represent tea leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment