Monday, August 20, 2012

Fabric prep for the Little Swoon

 Inspired by my success on Friday night, I spent a good chunk of Saturday afternoon pre-washing fabric for my Little Swoon quilt.  Here's my Good Fortune fat eighth bundle as it started.  The bamboo fabric will be the backing, and the blue wave print is for binding. 

I threw it all in the wash (along with the backing fabric for my fickle nickel quilt), and when it was done this is what came out:
 It took me at least an hour to cut all of the little fat eighths apart.  Here's the humongous pile of little threads I cut off:
I decided to starch the fabric in the hopes that it will make precision piecing easier.  My next step is to choose the 32 (of 36 fabrics in the bundle) prints to use in the quilt top and pair them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment