Thursday, August 30, 2012

Last week's colloquium knitting

Last week was the first week of school, and so last Thursday afternoon was the first colloquium of the semester.  I started the second of my embossed leaf socks.  I didn't get very far because I had to start over after I'd done a few rounds.  I forgot that the instructions for the cast-on and the first few rows don't work out quite right.  Basically, you have to do a "purl 1 knit 1" cable cast on instead of "knit 1 purl 1," which is the standard way of doing it.  It was pretty frustrating - and the fact that I didn't write it down when I did the first sock makes me worry that I'll forget some of the other modifications I made on the first sock to normalize this strangely written pattern.

In other news, I've let my living room be taken over by a new quilt - there are a few babies due to arrive in my extended family in the next several months, and I'm making this very adorable baby boy quilt for one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment