Sunday, November 4, 2012

Houston Quilt Festival


 
My mom and I went to the Houston Quilt Festival yesterday.  We had so much fun!  There were so many wonderful, beautiful, inspiring quilts.  This one was my favorite.  It won a blue ribbon.  You can't really see in this picture, but not only are the animals beautifully detailed, the thing each animal says in the song "Old McDonald Had a Farm" are quilted into each animal's background square.  The quilt is called "Ms. McDonald had a farm."
This was another really beautiful quilt - one I can actually see myself being able to make at some point.  The pattern is called Tennessee Waltz.  It's made with snowball blocks alternating with Fifty-Four Forty or Fight blocks.  All of the seams are curved, but the way the blocks combine, they look curved!  I especially love the color scheme on this quilt.  I've looked up other Tennessee Waltz quilts online, and a lot of people use a different arrangement of the background that I don't think looks as nice.  I like how the yellow pops against the black and white prints (and the yellow center squares are each a fussy-cut sunflower with a lady bug sitting on it).

No comments:

Post a Comment