Saturday, May 3, 2014

CMS and Colloquium knitting

Week-before-last was the last week of classes for the spring semester, and also the last CMS and colloquium of the semester.  I kept going on the stockinette section of my white shawl(ette).  I'm getting very close to starting the lace section.  I've got over two hundred stitches (if I remember right), which is more than the pattern says to have when you start the lace for the smallest size (and the second-smallest size!) but since I've totally been winging the increases, I haven't knitted as many rows as the pattern calls for in the smallest size, so I'm a little worried about what the final measurement is going to be.  I also haven't used as much yarn as I expected, but I'm not sure how much yarn the lace section is going to take, so I'm not quite sure what to do.  I want to use up all of the yarn, but not run out again.

I guess I'll start the lace section very soon, but this project will probably move much more slowly this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment