Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Finished yarn!

This is the first yarn that I've finished since I went to yarn school, which was over a year and a half ago.  It is one ply of natural white BFL and one ply of a batt that was mostly alpaca with a bit of tussah silk and a little bit of something sparkly.  The color in the bottom photo is much more accurate - the natural really is a creamy white, not yellow.  I honestly don't love the yarn, but I am satisfied that I finished it.  I guess I should wait until it's knitted up into something before I make a final judgment, but I don't know what I should knit from it.  If I counted correctly when I was winding the yarn onto the niddy-noddy, there are about 225 yards here.  It's kind of thick and thin, and I sort of wish that the plies were more tightly twisted around each other, if that makes sense.  I think I am going to try to overtwist my singles and plies a bit on my next spinning project to make that happen.  I should probably make a sample card for quality control on my next project, too, to try to make it more consistent.
Fiber: one ply BFL, one ply mostly alpaca with a bit of silk
Yardage: ~225yds
Weight: sport to bulky, but mostly worsted?
Spun and plied on my Ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment