Sunday, October 5, 2014

Embroidered tablecloth finished!

 Last weekend I finished the oldest UFO on my list.  My aunt started this tablecloth in 1960, when she was pregnant with my cousin.  She used to do a lot of incredibly beautiful embroidery - she was even a pattern tester/sample maker for Eva Rosenstand, a large Danish embroidery company!

Aunt Inge never finished the tablecloth.  In Summer 2011, I was visited her and she gave it to me to finish.  Her vision isn't as good as it used to be and she is no longer able to do embroidery, but she wanted the tablecloth finished.  I promised that I would finish it, and it's been slow progress, but it is now done! 
It fits our dining table - but I'm not sure we'll ever use it for actual dining.  I wouldn't want to stain it.  We'll probably use it for display only.  It has eight lovely matching napkins. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing this, Katherine! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just now found this. This is wonderful. If you have not already done so, you should send a printout of this page to Aunt Inge.

    ReplyDelete