Thursday, December 18, 2014

Tatted pillowcase-edging

I started this tatted edging in college.  (The year on my UFO page is 2010 with a question mark, but I think it's older than that.  2010 is the year I finished college and moved for grad school, and I remember working on it that fall, but looking back I think it was already a long-term UFO.)
When I started grad school, I set the pillowcase aside, measured the lace, and joined the ends together in a loop, and then let the whole thing go into long-term UFO storage. I pulled it out last week because it seemed like the best candidate for a quick finish before starting a Christmas present project. I hid several thread ends and then stitched the lace to the hem of the pillowcase. I like this edging . I found the vintage pattern online when I was first learning to tat, and it was pretty easy. I would definitely use this pattern again.

1 comment: