Sunday, April 26, 2015

CMS/Colloquium knitting

 This is how my sock looked at the end of CMS (the first of two seminars) on Thursday afternoon.
This second photo is what it looked like when I got home Thursday evening.  I spent the first ten minutes of colloquium ripping back to the foot, because I realized that the foot was way to long.  By an inch.  This is the first time I've used this particular heel pattern, so it's not that surprising that I had to figure out the hard way how much length the heel adds to the foot (if you're wondering, I now know it's 4.25").  What is surprising is how long I was in denial about the need to rip it back and re-do it.

I don't mind, because for me socks are about process - after all, in this hot humid hot humid climate I don't wear socks very often - so it just means I get to knit with this wonderfully soft beautiful yarn for longer.  And even if I were knitting for product, it's so much better to have a product that fits!

No comments:

Post a Comment