Friday, May 29, 2015

Travel knitting

I was away at a conference and camping last week.  The top picture is how my knitting looked when I left, and here it was when I got home:
I finished casting off on the last plane home, and then I couldn't remember how to do the Turkish cast-on to start the second sock.  It's probably just as well though - two of my friends and I had spent the previous night trying to sleep in a freezing cold airport terminal, and I fell asleep while I was waiting for the seatbelt sign to turn off so I could get up to go to the bathroom and woke up as we landed at our home airport.

I never knit as much as I think I'm going to when I travel for conferences.  I don't take my knitting with me to talks, and I'm usually out of the hotel from early breakfast until late night after dinner and socializing, so I just don't have time.  I also always expect to get more reading done than I do.  This time I split my flight time evenly between reading and knitting and didn't do any of either while I was actually at the conference.  It was such a great conference that I don't mind at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment