- Monday, May 15: Adelaide dress, Geneva undies
- Tuesday, May 16: Navy blue gathered skirt, red tank top (RTW), grey linen cardigan, Geneva undies
- Wednesday, May 17: straight-leg jeans (RTW), floral woven tee, Geneva undies
- Thursday, May 18: damask skirt, black long-sleeved t-shirt (RTW), striped cashmere sweater (RTW that I visibly mended), Geneva undies
- Friday, May 19: my favorite thrifted jeans (RTW), mauve floral button-up (RTW - this is possibly my favorite shirt), my Lofoten sweater, stripy socks
- Saturday, May 20: straight-leg jeans (RTW), flannel shirt (RTW), purple cable pullover sweater, Geneva undies
- Sunday, May 21: Washi dress, Smartwool tights (RTW), half-slip, autumn leaves ankle socks, Geneva undies, burgundy cardigan (RTW)
Unfortunately, I didn't spend much time making things this week. I cut out the pieces for two size 2T Oliver + S Parachute Polos for my nephew and grandcousin - the deadline to finish these is Wednesday, May 24. I'm not sure if I'm going to make it. I also finished spinning the singles of the Hello Yarn merino top that I've been working on for over a year!
What I thought:
I want to change the way I do the Future Projects page on the blog. I will organize it into one list of things I "need," like more cloth napkins, things for which I currently own fabric and have a pattern picked out, and another list of more nebulous sewing desires. I want to reduce the waffling that results in procrastinating sewing that I really want to do and enjoy, because I feel like I have so many things I want to make that I can't possibly figure out the next step.
I also really enjoyed reading these two posts from the Whipstitch blog. They really get at what I've been feeling with my sewing and wardrobe lately - I have a lot of clothes that I don't particularly love or feel comfortable or attractive in. I want to build a practical wardrobe made up of clothes I love, that isn't over-full. I don't want a large stash. I don't have the money or storage space for it, and I don't like the feeling of greed or the impulse to hoard that comes with it. I would rather buy high-quality fabric that I love and will use soon after I buy it.